It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:32 pm Advanced search

gps freezing up

This topic area is for GENERAL issues, news items or announcements regarding the forum or web site

gps freezing up

Postby joeb » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:36 am

don't know if anybody can answer my question,,I have m35 gps unit ,its a few years old and lately when I use it on a trip after about one hout it starts bleeping quite rapidly ,same sound as when you touch the screen ,and freezes up and stops working,,I have to press reset and start all over again,it might last few minutes or longer,,the question is,,,is it past use by date??do I just scrap it and buy another one???
joeb

Postby trevncarm » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:27 am

Have you updated your unit lately as it may have a currupted download. If you have a backup copy try using it or download the latest update (make sure you do the download to a 8gig card as the 4 gig is to small). If all fails you may have to purchase another unit.
trevncarm
Guru

Postby club_admin » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:59 am

Hi Joeb,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with you M35. As Trev has suggested it is possible that the problem can be caused by the card. Try his suggestion and see how you go.

The update can resolve a number of issues and copying the data to a larger card can only help. An 8GB card will be more than enough for current and future update requirements.

Copy the data from you old card to a folder on your PC and then copy to the new card.

We suggest using a card reader to complete the copy as the M series only use Active Sync connection and it is very slow and can be unreliable.

hope this helps.
club_admin
Guru

Postby joeb » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:15 pm

done all that few months ago,or my wife did she is more computer savie than me,,but I will try down load again,and see what happens if it doesn't work it could be replaced with a new unit[:(][:(]
joeb

Postby gregb » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:32 pm

The M35 is getting old and its battery is too. Does this happen when plugged in to lighter socket ??. It might also be advisable to carefully separate the case and see if the battery has swollen. If so it is on its way out. There is a thread somewhere about replacemets but they are scarce. Just take out the screws and carefully prize it apart. I have taken mine apart a number of times. Just be gentle
(where have I heard that before?[:o)])
gregb
Guru

Postby joeb » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:40 am

I have replaced the battery some 12 months ago,,yes the unit is pluged into the power socket(cig. lighter)via usb port.
joeb

Postby club_admin » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:52 am

Hi Joeb

I will suggest you contact our support team on [email protected], they should able to give you upgrade offer.
club_admin
Guru

Return to General issues, News items & announcements