It is currently Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:05 pm Advanced search

Updating i43

This topic area is for GENERAL issues, news items or announcements regarding the forum or web site

Updating i43

Postby AndySmerdon » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:45 pm

Hi,
I am trying to update my new i43 Navigator and getting the following error. I download to my Microsoft desktop PC after I have set up a folder as Grumpy recommends (thanks Grumpy) and the download works fine - it takes around 15 mins but my connection is a bit slow here - I have my Navig8r plugged in via USB and the thing is charging away happily and I can even access it through 'My Computer' to see the files it contains. The problem occurs when I double click on my downloaded file - either Updater_I.exe or updater_map_guarantee.exe The wizard starts at the home page but when I click on the next buttor it tells me "the Card/Device cannot be found" and offers 3 options to try and fix the problem - none of which work. I have even tried dragging and dropping the downloaded file directly to the device via My Computer - still no joy ......... anybody have any ideas? Look forward to hearing from you
AndySmerdon

Postby Grumpy » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:31 pm

Hi AndySmerdon,.[:)]

Try connecting to a different USB port.
When the unit is connected to the computer the units screen should show a blue screen with green arrows. With that screen showing double click on your map guarantee download.

<b>Grumpy,.</b>
Grumpy
Guru

Postby club_admin » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:08 am

Hi Andy,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your I43 updated.

If i have read this correctly you have copied the folder from the I43 to the PC and are attempting to update the folder on the PC and then copy it back to the I43[?]

If this is the case it will not work as the update software has been set to not search the C: drive for the mobilnavig8r folder/software structure. For best results the drive letter assigned to the GPS or drive containing the software to be updated must be E: or later.

Personal navigation devices like these require greater that the 500 milliamp supplied on a PCs USB port and will, even though the device shows it being charging, will eventually go flat if the device is on.

Charge the GPS before updating is the best bet.

If you are still having problems. please try as suggested another USB port or cable to complete the udpate.
club_admin
Guru

Return to General issues, News items & announcements