It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:14 pm Advanced search

Record Mode

This topic area is for GENERAL issues, news items or announcements regarding the forum or web site

Record Mode

Postby Shauntel » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:07 pm

Hi Guys,

I bought the Set Top Box 6000 yesterday so I could record shows for my daughter whilst i am watching a different show. I have worked out a couple of different ways to record (both just pushing rec or by programming ahead to record a show whilst you're not home) Both ways I can't seem to watch another channel whilst its recording. When i go to change channel it says on the screen "Record Mode" (funnily enough if i keep trying to change channel it lets me go up only, and only up 5 channels - then the "record mode" message comes up again and then after trying continuously it will let me go back down the same 5 channels) Any ideas what I have done wrong? Thanks
Shauntel

Re: Record Mode

Postby club_admin » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:07 am

This device does not have a dual dtv tuner so technically you are not able to record a show while watching another, the reason you were able to go up and down 5 channels was probably because they were all on the same network e.g. 7HD, 7flix, 7Mate etc so they were all on the same frequency.

The device does however have RF pass through so you are able to run another RF cable from the back of the set top box to the aerial input on your TV and just watch another channel through the TV setting on your TV.
club_admin
Guru

Return to General issues, News items & announcements